Sunday, February 25, 2007

Love or Commitment

Which one will you prefer to start a relationship, loving someone or ready to commit to someone? If you ask me, I will prefer the second option. Why?? Well in my opinion a person will only have true love only for them self, their bloods and of course their best friend.

So, if a couple start their relationship just because of the L-word and leave the C-word behind, 90 % of that relationship will end. Many example of this, and the excuses are: “I don’t love you any more”, “We didn’t match”, “I found someone else”, “He/She love me more than you”, “You’re change”, etc. I believe the essence of all the sentences that people made to break up is “I love my self”. People do get bored you know.

Did you notice that women spend many times looking at her self in the mirror and it took probably many pair of shoes to try on before they decide to buy only one pair. After that by the end of year they decide to buy another shoe to replace the old one, although the shoe are in fine condition.



And men, well I don’t have to explain my species. We like to change television channel so much, from one station to another, but in the end we just shutdown the TV and went to bed. And men prefer the word “I” better than “We”, “Me” instead of “Us” (read these article carefully and count the “I” word).

So how can these two species be involve in long term relationship, while both of them share the same interest “loving them self”, and got the same common habit “get bored”. Does L-word cover it all??? I don’t think so. If you want to have long-term relationship, you definitely need to be committed.

I’m not suggesting having a relationship just by the C-word only, because if you do that, it’s going to be empty. Last long probably, but it got no meaning.

Both of L-word and C-word must exist in a relationship. Love will start it all, and Commitment will make it stay alive. So last question, which do you prefer to start a long-term relationship? Well, I’m going to say “Loving someone so much so I’ll be ready to make commitment with her”.

You will notice that last question had “long-term” phrase, while the first has not. That because it is a different question with different answer for different people…he3x

No comments: